I joined Instagram many years ago when it was a new 'thing', when social media was the future and everyone was wondering if the hype and promise would work out. Being a techie, I had to try this out. With one picture ;)
Then I left it all alone for quite sometime.
I've posted nearly 30 pieces now and its been interesting:
- Its great to get positive comments!
- It feel good sharing whats been hiding on my laptop for far too long.
- It pushes me that little bit more to get this site (and the new one I am building) all polished and upated
- Its hard seeing all those amazing images and comparing to your own. Some seriously good people out there! Although I shouldn't compare. My pieces are me, no one else.
- Its a little addictive, you post and constantly check the feed. Another like? Another comment?
- It takes more time than I thought especially the whole hashtag thing.
- Timing is important. A saturday morning post (EAST) time does the best.
All in all its been positive, so for now, Insta will still be a thing.
Oh and all the pics I post are also here for prints: http://5-am.com.au/portfolio/instagrams