Instagram .. what does that mean for a photographer like myself? How do I generate followers and likes, what #tags to use? Lots of questions. The key one is the first one, does Instagram actually help for visibility outside of the app? I have this site in my profile and I have added links in the image text and so far, very little extra traffic here .. yet.
But its early days :) Max likes for an image is 60-ish at the moment and I have moved from 18 followers to 35! I expect most are family and friends ;)
So lets see how this works. My work flow will be:
1) finalise the image
2) export from lightroom, upload to dropbox
3) import onto the phone
4) via the notepad on the Mac, write the text and add the tags and @'s I think will be useful
5) go into notes app on the phone and copy the image txt
6) import the image and paste the text, final re-read, post!
7) export the image from lightroom into the web shop, just in case, you never know, someone would like to bring the piece into their living room :)
Happy Instagraming! (1 'm' or 2?)
Oh! I am 'wastebasket' on Instagram. Why that name? Long story :)